Dear Community Members,
I hope this email finds you well. Please share this important resources with others in your community. Several organizations are providing locations for or delivery of food for needy families and individuals throughout Rockville. Check ahead with organizations to ensure the information provided below is up to date.
FAMILY FOOD DISTRIBUTION
- Manna Food Center: Make a once-a-month appointment to visit a distribution location for 50 pounds of food, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, pantry items, bread and meat. Call 301-424-1130 or contact the Department of Health and Human Services at 240-777-0311 to schedule a pickup. The agent will ask which of the six distribution locations you can pick up from.
Call no later than 3 p.m. the day before pickup. Be prepared to provide household size. Bring a picture ID that Manna will use only to check for a Montgomery County address.
If you are unable to pick up at a distribution location, consider Manna’s new Stay Put Pack program, which delivers 30 pounds of shelf-stable items (rice, canned items, pasta, peanut butter, etc.).
As of Monday, May 18, Stay Put Packs that include produce and meat will be delivered to seniors, participants with transportation issues, single-parent households, and participants who are unable to leave their homes.
Call Manna at 301-424-1130 to sign up as a participant.
FOOD DISTRIBUTION LOCATIONS IN ROCKVILLE
Distribution is run by Nourish Now and provides 3-5 days of shelf food for the whole family.
- Fireside Park Apartments (735 Monroe St.): Tuesdays, 1-2 p.m.
- David Scull Park: Tuesday and Friday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Mount Calvary Baptist Church (608 N. Horners Lane): Tuesdays 1-3 p.m.
- Woodmont Park Apartments (1001 Rockville Pike): Thursdays, 1-2 p.m.
- Rockville Senior Center, 1150 Carnation Drive: Any senior living within City of Rockville limits in need of food assistance can call the senior center at 240-314-8800.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS STUDENTS
Montgomery County Public Schools-provided breakfast, lunch and dinner meals for children 18 and younger. Meal sites will operate on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. On Wednesdays, MCPS will provide two days’ worth of meals.
- Twinbrook Elementary School (5911 Ridgway Ave.), Monday-Wednesday and Friday, 11 a.m-1 p.m.
- Meadow Hall Elementary School (951 Twinbrook Parkway): Monday-Wednesday and Friday, 11 a.m.-noon.
- Earle B. Wood Middle School (14615 Bauer Drive): Monday-Wednesday and Friday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Stay Home, Stay Safe and Stay Healthy!
Senior Community Engagement Coordinator
City Manager’s Office
111 Maryland Ave.
Rockville, MD 20850